Gear Review

Got some gear to review?

Click here to contribute!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Patagonia MicroPuff Hooded Jacket

I've been in the market for a down jacket. What I thought I wanted was the Down Sweater Pullover Hoody from Patagonia. Actually, I still think I do, but they are sold out and not making it next fall. Therefore, I had to make a purchase of something else. At first I was supper bummed, but not anymore!

What I was looking for in my jacket: warm, comfy, a hood, and pullover. It had to have a hood, and no I don't know why. Not very many companies are currently making a down jacket that has a hood.



What I got: warm, comfy, and a hood. Basically, I am super happy with my purchase. I wear this jacket all the time. It's synthetic instead of down, but I can't tell a difference. So far it is holding it's own against the down jackets I have had/used in the past. It is windproof and has a waterproof outer. I can wear it as a layering piece if needed because it's not bulky.

My only complaint is that the draw string at the bottom doesn't tension the bottom of the zipper so the zipper does a funny weird zipper thing while the rest is tensioned. Personally, I wouldn't ski in it unless it was under a shell.

It's great around the house, around the town, around the summit, and around the campfire!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I just bough this jacket:

    http://www.patagonia.com/web/eu/product/mens-down-sweater-full-zip-hoody?p=84700-0-823

    But I think that I should buy this instead:

    http://www.patagonia.com/web/eu/product/mens-micro-puff-hooded-jacket?p=83974-0-465

    I never had down jacket before and what I'm afraid is that down will go out during some time like in a sleeping bags.

    What do you think - would you exchange it?

    Regards

    ReplyDelete